Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 5. Hawaii 5-0... Cinco

Day 5 – Feb. 10th, 2012


            Today has been so slow and yet long. I didn’t really do much of anything except Algebra homework. I went to the White Cane Days for the Lions Club at 10am with Carl but I was only needed for about a half an hour before I got to come back here. I just finally got done with all that algebra, its midnight now. The test is due before midnight tomorrow and that’s the last thing I’ve got to do so that’s good. Got to get up in the morning for the second day of White Cane and I’ll be there about 6 hrs. We are collecting money for needy children to afford glasses and eye care. It’s mostly what the Lions are all about other than the work they do with the disabled camp, environment and many other community services. Check out the website for the international one or your local chapter. Even if you don’t want to join, you can always give them your old glasses and they recycle them into new ones for the poor. We are outside the Fry’s Food & Drug Store in Gilbert, AZ off Baseline Rd. & Gilbert Rd. for most of the day. On a random note, Carl got me a collection of Alice in Wonderland (Disney ‘50s) earrings and I love them all but my favorite ones are the ones that look like the White Rabbit’s pocket watch. So cute in my ears! I’ve been forgetting to repeat my personal affirmation: I am a creative, intelligent, encouraging woman, serving others in need. Make up your own using this template, fill it in with 3 positive adjectives and one verb describing something you do. I am a/an ________, ________, ________ man/woman, _______ing ________. Another example: I am an intelligent, confident, unique man, working hard toward my goals.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment